Bailey for Congress Petition Circulation Instructions
Thank you for circulating Darren’s Petitions for United States Congress, 12th Congressional District! Whether you are a seasoned politico or new to the process, we appreciate your support! Circulating petitions is an important part of the political process. Below are the circulation rules according to Illinois law:
- Be U.S. Citizens.
- Be at least 18 years of age on or before November 5, 2024.
- Ask each person signing if he or she is a registered voter in Illinois.
- Ask each person signing if he or she lives in the 12th Congressional District.
- Personally witness each and every signature (the petitions must remain where you can see them).
Circulators must not:
- Circulate petitions for candidates of any other political party. (Republicans only, please!)
- Allow anyone to sign who is not registered to vote in Illinois.
- Allow one person to sign the name of another person.
- Allow someone else to take the petition out of your line of sight to collect signatures.
- If a voter makes a mistake while signing, you may strike the signature by drawing a line through it.
- Please do not fill in the “sheet number” at the bottom of the page—we will fill them in once all the pages are bound and ready for filing.
What to do next:
Once your petition sheets are signed, you must fill out the bottom portion with your name and address, find a notary public, and in front of that notary, sign the petition sheet in the spot marked “Circulator’s Signature.” The notary should then fill out his or her designated spot and stamp the sheet with an official seal.
Please send completed petitions to:
Bailey for Congress
P.O. Box 12
Louisville, IL 62858
Please mail original, signed, notarized, “hard copy” paper petitions to the address above no later than November 13, 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact Jose Durbin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
NOTE: In order for the petition page to be accepted, it must be printed single-sided with the back side remaining blank. Please also make sure that no text is being cropped by your printer’s margins.